Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for the use of the GIC Appointments Website
You must indicate your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”) to use the GIC Appointments website on initial registration. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to use the GIC Appointments website to submit an electronic application, etc. By clicking “I AGREE”, you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the Terms and any amendments thereto that may be made from time to time. You can always access the Terms by clicking on the “Terms and Conditions” link icon on the main toolbar on top “General Information” below.
A username and password will be granted to you following registration for your personal use only, to access the GIC Appointments website for the purposes of applying for GIC positions, uploading files, documents or materials relating to your application (e.g., your cover letter, curriculum vitae and list of pertinent published articles and papers, etc.) as well as and for purposes of updating your personal information, changing your password and deactivating your account. You must keep your account information private and you are responsible for all activities that occur with your account information.
Your privacy and the protection of your personal information are important to us. The information you provide is protected under the Privacy Act and applicable departmental legislation. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access your personal information and request changes if the information is incorrect. Instructions for obtaining your personal information are outlined in the government publication entitled Info Source, a copy of which is available at any Service Canada Centre or online.
- The information you provide us may be used and/or disclosed for policy analysis, research, and/or evaluation purposes. Some information will be retained after an application is withdrawn and/or an account de-activated. This information may be used for internal and statistical reporting purposes, policy analysis, and research. In order to conduct these activities, various sources of information under the custody and control of PCO may be linked. However, these additional uses and/or disclosures of personal information will never result in a decision being made about an individual. In addition, the curriculum vitae and other information of the individual selected or considered for a position may be required by Standing Committees of the House of Commons. This will be provided to the relevant committee of the House of Commons pursuant to the Standing Orders, particularly 110-111.1. Questions or comments regarding the administration of the Privacy Act at PCO may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Director at:
Director, Access to Information and Privacy
Privy Council Office
55 Metcalfe Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0A3
- You agree that you will not knowingly upload any files, documents or materials that;
- contain inaccurate information;
- create any liability or violate the law; or
- contain a virus or other harmful component.
PCO does not confirm the actual identity or authority of any party accessing or using the GIC Appointments website using your account. PCO is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized use of your account.
PCO does not represent, warrant or covenant that communications to or from the GIC Appointments website will under all circumstances be error or delay-free or immune from data corruption or unauthorized access. You also acknowledge that the GIC Appointments Website may be periodically unavailable for maintenance.
You acknowledge and agree that you will apply for a GIC position posted on the GIC Appointments website
- only if you are eligible to apply and
- if the information provided is true, accurate, current and complete.
If PCO has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, PCO reserves the right to refuse to process your application.
You agree that access to or use of the GIC Appointments website shall be generally governed by the applicable laws of the province of Ontario and of Canada.
- Date modified: