Organization Profile - Asia-Pacific Foundation of Canada
Asia-Pacific Foundation of Canada
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The Board of Directors of the Foundation consists of a Chairperson, not more than twenty four other Directors and the President of the Foundation who are appointed as follows (by statute):
- the Chairperson, appointed by GiC for a term not to exceed three years;
- up to four Directors, appointed by GiC for a term not to exceed three years;
- up to eighteen Directors, appointed by the Board for a term not to exceed three years; and
- the President of the Foundation appointed by the Board for a term not to exceed three years; may be removed by the Board at any time.
The Directors and the Chairperson are eligible for reappointment in the same or another capacity up to three times.
The Board may elect a Vice-Chairman from among its members.
In the event of the absence or incapacity of the Chairperson, or if the office of Chairperson is vacant, the Vice-Chairman has all the duties and functions of the Chairperson.
Where the President is appointed from among the members of the Board, another director may be appointed in his place, in accordance with the law.
The Board may authorize any director of the Board or any officer or employee of the Foundation to act as President in the event that the President is absent or incapacitated or if the office of the President is vacant.
By statute, the twenty Directors who are appointed by the Board itself are appointed after consultation with the governments of the provinces and any interested individuals, corporations and organizations. When considering the appointment to the Board of a person put forward by the Government of a province, the Board shall have regard to the amounts contributed to the Foundation by that province.
- Remuneration Nil - Statutory Prohibition
- Serve without remuneration, but may be paid such travel and living expenses as are fixed by by-law of the Board.
|Emerson, David L.|
Vancouver, British Columbia
During Pleasure (Interpretation Act)
- Date modified: