Opportunity to build a better Canada
- Commissioners, National Battlefields Commission, 201605NBC350-1 Updated
- Commissioner for Workers, Canada Employment Insurance Commission, 201605CEIC86-1
- Directors, Canadian Commercial Corporation, 201605CCC52-1 Updated
- Chairperson, Canadian Commercial Corporation, 201603CCC1181-1 Updated
- Chairperson, Export Development Canada, 201701EDC199-1 Updated
- Directors, Export Development Canada, 201605EDC201-1 Updated
- President, Canadian Institutes of Health Research, 201702CIHR1127-1
- Members, National Aboriginal Economic Development Board, 201605AEDB777-1
- Chairperson, National Aboriginal Economic Development Board, 201605AEDB771-1
- Regional Vice-Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson (Appeal Division), Parole Board of Canada, 201702PBC828-1
- Directors, Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, 201605CATSA1184-1
- Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, 201605CATSA1182-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, 201605CATSA1183-1
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Marine Atlantic Inc., 201701MAI317-1
- Directors, Marine Atlantic Inc., 201605MAI319-1
- Directors, Ridley Terminals Inc., 201701RID1145-1
- Chairperson, Ridley Terminals Inc., 201609RID2359-1
Families, Children and Social Development
Global Affairs (International Trade)
Indigenous and Northern Affairs
Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Members, Veterans Review and Appeal Board, 201702VRAB931-1
Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments
The Government of Canada is moving quickly to apply a more rigorous approach to Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. The selection process will reflect the fundamental role that more than 1500 Canadians play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
During the transition to the new approach, an interim process will apply. Under the interim process, appointments and re-appointments will only be made to positions essential to government business or to those that deliver important services to Canadians. These appointments and re-appointments will be up to one year in length, subject to any legislative provisions.
A GIC appointment is a unique opportunity to build a better Canada.
Information on the full range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
March 2, 2016 – Create an account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
February 25, 2016 – Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: