Opportunity to build a better Canada
Welcome to the Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments website. From coast to coast to coast, there are opportunities for highly qualified people to make a difference and to build a better Canada.
Governor in Council (GIC) appointments
The Government is committed to open and transparent processes for selecting GIC appointees, to encourage continued trust in Canada’s democracy and ensure the integrity of its public institutions.
These open, transparent, and merit-based selection processes reflect the fundamental role that GIC appointees play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
Information on the GIC selection and appointment process can be found under Governor in Council appointments and the range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
Find out more
- Create an account
- Current and ongoing opportunities Apply Now!
- Federal organizations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- April 28, 2017 - Updated information posted on the GIC appointments website, including on Governor in Council appointments, Frequently Asked Questions, and an updated Submission Guide for Governor in Council Appointments.
- March 2, 2016 - Create an Account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
- February 25, 2016 - Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: