Opportunity to build a better Canada
- Chairperson, Canada Agricultural Review Tribunal, 201702CART933-1
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety, 201603CCOHS412-1 New
- Vice-Chairperson, Canada Industrial Relations Board, 201703CIRB978-1 New
- Directors, Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, 201605CMHC129-1
- Directors, Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, 201701CDIC191-1 New
- Chairperson, Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, 201603CDIC190-1 New
- Assistant Deputy Chairperson and Member, Immigration and Refugee Board 201702IRB1193-1
- Members, Military Police Complaints Commission, 201605MPCC1080-1 New
- Chair of the Board, Canada Revenue Agency, 201701CRA1073-1 New
- Vice-Chairperson, Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, 201701CRCC2286-1
- Directors, Defence Construction (1951) Limited, 201605DCC189-1
- Chairperson, Defence Construction (1951) Limited, 201701DCC1046-1
- Procurement Ombudsman, Office of the Procurement Ombudsman 201603SVCO1277-1
- Director (Federal Representative), Montréal Port Authority, 201605APM1008-1 Updated
- Director (Federal Representative), Saguenay Port Authority, 201606SGN1025-1 Updated
- Directors, Public Sector Pension Investment Board, 201605SPI1111-1
Agriculture and Agri-Food
Employment, Workforce Development and Labour
Families, Children and Social Development
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Public Services and Procurement
- Members, Veterans Review and Appeal Board, 201702VRAB931-1
Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments
The Government of Canada is moving quickly to apply a more rigorous approach to Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. The selection process will reflect the fundamental role that more than 1500 Canadians play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
During the transition to the new approach, an interim process will apply. Under the interim process, appointments and re-appointments will only be made to positions essential to government business or to those that deliver important services to Canadians. These appointments and re-appointments will be up to one year in length, subject to any legislative provisions.
A GIC appointment is a unique opportunity to build a better Canada.
Information on the full range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
March 2, 2016 – Create an account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
February 25, 2016 – Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: