Opportunity to build a better Canada
- Directors, Farm Credit Canada, 201605FCC218-1
- Vice-Chairperson, Canadian Museum of History, 201605CMH745-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum of History, 201603CMH123-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, 201603CMHR2289-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, 201610CMIP2238-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum of Nature, 201609CMN130-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, 201701CRTC833-1 Updated
- Regional Member (Ontario), Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, 201701CRTC832-1 Updated
- Vice-Chairperson (Broadcasting), Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, 201701CRTC834-1 Updated
- Regional Member (Manitoba/Saskatchewan), Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission, 201605CRTC832-1 Updated
- Chairperson, National Capital Commission, 201701NCC2374-1
- Chairperson, National Gallery of Canada, 201603NGC748-1
- Vice-Chairperson, National Gallery of Canada, 201608NGC749-1
- Directors, Canadian Race Relations Foundation, 201605RRF635-1 Updated
- Executive Director, Canadian Race Relations Foundation, 201701RRF636-1 Updated
- Member (Yukon Territory), Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada, 201606HSMBC715-5 New
- Directors, Bank of Canada, 201605BNK32-1 Updated
- Chief Public Health Officer, Public Health Agency of Canada, 201607PHAC1256-1 Updated
- Chairperson, Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, 201603PMPRB464-1
- Member, Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, 201607PMPRB466-1
- Directors, Business Development Bank of Canada, 201605BDC720-1
- Chief Executive Officer, Standards Council of Canada, 201701SCCCCN974-1 Updated
- Chairperson, Standards Council of Canada, 201605SCCCCN970-1
- Members, Standards Council of Canada, 201701SCCCCN973-1
- Commissioner, Office of the Commissioner for Federal Judicial Affairs, 201603FJA231-1
- Clerk, House of Commons, 201603HOC251-1
- Chairperson, Great Lakes Pilotage Authority, 201603GLPA583-1 Updated
Agriculture and Agri-Food
Environment and Climate Change
Innovation, Science and Economic Development
- Members, Veterans Review and Appeal Board, 201702VRAB931-1
Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments
The Government of Canada is moving quickly to apply a more rigorous approach to Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. The selection process will reflect the fundamental role that more than 1500 Canadians play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
During the transition to the new approach, an interim process will apply. Under the interim process, appointments and re-appointments will only be made to positions essential to government business or to those that deliver important services to Canadians. These appointments and re-appointments will be up to one year in length, subject to any legislative provisions.
A GIC appointment is a unique opportunity to build a better Canada.
Information on the full range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
March 2, 2016 – Create an account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
February 25, 2016 – Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: