Opportunity to build a better Canada
- Member, Canada Agricultural Review Tribunal, 201605CART934-1 Updated
- Members, Canada Council for the Arts, 201605CCL56-1
- Members, National Capital Commission, 201605NCC354-1
- Director, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, 201605CPI1065-1 Updated
- Member, Polar Knowledge Canada (Canadian High Arctic Research Station), 201605CHARS2295-1
- Vice-Chairperson, Polar Knowledge Canada (Canadian High Arctic Research Station), 201605CHARS2294-1
- Member, Judicial Advisory Committees, 201610JACCCM2365-1 New
- Vice-Chairperson, Military Grievances External Review Committee, 201603MGERC1076-1
- Members, Military Grievances External Review Committee, 201605MGERC1077-1
- Member, Military Judges Compensation Committee, 201608MJCC1143-1
- Members, Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Board, 201605CNO171-1 Updated
- Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner 201610CIE1268-1
- Members, Parole Board of Canada, 201610PBC825-1 New
- President, Public Service Commission 201610PSC1238-1
- Director (Federal), Montréal Port Authority 201610APM1008-1
- Director (Federal), Prince Rupert Port Authority 201610PNR1018-1
- Director (Federal), Sept-Îles Port Authority 201610STL1020-1
- Director (Federal), Thunder Bay Port Authority 201610THB1029-1
- Director (Federal), Vancouver Fraser Port Authority 201610VFPA2362-1
- Commissioner of Lobbying, Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying 201610OCL1269-1
- Members, Veterans Review and Appeal Board, 201606VRAB931-1
Agriculture and Agri-Food
Indigenous and Northern Affairs
Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Public Services and Procurement
Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments
To see Ongoing Opportunities, click here.
The Government of Canada is moving quickly to apply a more rigorous approach to Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. The selection process will reflect the fundamental role that more than 1500 Canadians play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
During the transition to the new approach, an interim process will apply. Under the interim process, appointments and re-appointments will only be made to positions essential to government business or to those that deliver important services to Canadians. These appointments and re-appointments will be up to one year in length, subject to any legislative provisions.
A GIC appointment is a unique opportunity to build a better Canada.
Information on the full range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
March 2, 2016 – Create an account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
February 25, 2016 – Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: