Opportunity to build a better Canada
- Trustees, Canadian Museum of History, 201605CMH791-1
- Vice-Chairperson, Canadian Museum of History, 201605CMH745-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum of History, 201603CMH123-1
- Trustees, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, 201605CMHR2291-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, 201603CMHR2289-1
- Trustees, Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21, 201606CMIP2356-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21 201610CMIP2238-1
- Trustees, Canadian Museum of Nature, 201605CMN132-1
- Chairperson, Canadian Museum of Nature, 201609CMN130-1
- Trustees, National Museum of Science and Technology, 201610CSTM384-1
- Trustees, National Gallery of Canada, 201610NGC370-1
- Vice-Chairperson, National Gallery of Canada, 201608NGC749-1
- Chairperson, National Gallery of Canada 201603NGC748-1
- Director, Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse, 201605CSB1202-1 New
- Chairperson, Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse, 201603CSB1202-1 New
- Chairperson, Destination Canada (Canadian Tourism Commission), 201611CTC1147-1 Updated
- Permanent Members, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission, 201605CNSC985-1 New
- Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner, Office of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner 201610CIE1268-1 Updated
- Commissioner of Official Languages, Office of the Commissioner of Official Languages for Canada, 201603OCOL141-1 Updated
- President, Public Service Commission 201610PSC1238-1 Updated
- Chairperson, Canadian Air Transport Security Authority, 201605CATSA1183-1
- Chairperson, VIA Rail Canada Inc., 201603VIA553-1
- Commissioner of Lobbying, Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying 201610OCL1269-1 Updated
Innovation, Science and Economic Development
President of the Queen's Privy Council for Canada
Public Services and Procurement
Governor in Council (GIC) Appointments
To see Ongoing Opportunities, click here.
The Government of Canada is moving quickly to apply a more rigorous approach to Governor in Council (GIC) appointments. The selection process will reflect the fundamental role that more than 1500 Canadians play in our democracy as they serve on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies, and tribunals across the country.
During the transition to the new approach, an interim process will apply. Under the interim process, appointments and re-appointments will only be made to positions essential to government business or to those that deliver important services to Canadians. These appointments and re-appointments will be up to one year in length, subject to any legislative provisions.
A GIC appointment is a unique opportunity to build a better Canada.
Information on the full range of organizations and GIC positions can be accessed under Federal Organizations.
March 2, 2016 – Create an account for GIC Appointments applications! You can now register on the Governor in Council Appointments website and create your account and profile. This is the first step for applying online to opportunities on commissions, boards, Crown corporations, agencies and tribunals that will be advertised soon on our website.
February 25, 2016 – Prime Minister announces new Governor in Council appointment process.
- Date modified: